Discover Vienna: Manufacturing Edition
powered by EIT Manufacturing CLC East
Call for Start-ups and Scale-ups
Apply by October 11, 2021, 12:00 p.m. CET
Discover the Industry Ecosystem in the City
EIT Manufacturing CLC East and the Vienna Business Agency (VBA) organize Discover Vienna: Manufacturing Edition, a programme for thriving start-ups and scale-ups that have solutions in the realm of manufacturing technologies.
Vienna is well known for its human-centered approach in designing one of the most livable cities of the world. The city has a long-lasting history in manufacturing innovation. With over 8,500 companies creating over 12,3 billion EUR revenue, the manufacturing sector enables future-oriented jobs and drives growth and innovation in the city.
Discover Vienna: Manufacturing Edition is designed for start-ups and scale-ups in the manufacturing sector with a geographical focus on CEE countries that are part of the Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS).
What’s in it for you?
Up to 10 start-ups and scale-ups will be selected and invited to explore the Viennese Manufacturing Ecosystem and receive:
- Two weeks intensive programme in Vienna (3rd – 16th November 2021) to get acquainted with the market dynamics in Austria and the Viennese start-up ecosystem
- Two months mentoring and coaching support with focus on business development and investment readiness
- Two weeks free office space in the offices of EIT Manufacturing CLC East
- Two weeks paid accommodation incl. breakfast in Vienna
- 250,00 EUR travel voucher
- Corporate introductions and expert sessions on a selected technology topic and networking
- Visibility and international publicity
- Access to EIT Manufacturing’s pan-European innovation network
Who can participate?
Submissions need to fit one of the EIT Manufacturing flagship areas as well as the following technology domains: Simulation & Advanced Engineering Tools, Industrial VR/AR, Industrial Robotics, Logistics Tech, Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing), Predictive Maintenance, Advanced Sensors, Advanced Detection (IR/Noise/etc.), Industrial Cybersecurity, Connectivity and IoT Infrastructure, Data analytics/AI, Digital Twins.
- The applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The company must be incorporated in the abovementioned countries and should not be older than 8 years.
- The company must have at least 2 team members.
- Applicants must be beyond the prototype stage and have already successfully launched in their domestic market.
Participants from the following countries are eligible to participate in Discover Vienna: Manufacturing Edition: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, and Slovenia.
How can I participate?
Submit your application until 11th October 2021, 12:00 p.m. CET
Please find more information here
Welcome to the application page of the
EIT Manufacturing SME Transform Call 2021
SME Transform Call 2021 is a European initiative by EIT Manufacturing to support manufacturing SMEs in transformation projects related to their manufacturing line(s) or production systems.
Applicants can apply for a tailor-made Transformation Services Package (mandatory) from the EIT Manufacturing Business Creation team including project facilitation, introduction to transformation experts and introduction to technology providers. Applicants may also apply for a Transformation Financial Support Package (optional) up to 150k € to kickstart their project.
Downloadable Templates (for upload into the application form):
Please click the blue Download button (next to Share) for the files to download in Word/Excel rather than PDF.
Financial Sustainability Mechanism:
EIT Manufacturing is committed to supporting the best ideas and the projects with the highest potential to generate an impact in the manufacturing value chain as well as to developing its financial sustainability strategy as mandated by the EIT. Details of the financial sustainability mechanism are presented in the EIT Manufacturing SME Call 2021 Terms & Conditions.
The call will be open from 28 June 2021, 12:00 CET until 30 September 2021, 23:59 CET with applications reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis. As such, SMEs are encouraged to apply as early as possible.